DotVVM for Visual Studio
Enjoy great developer experience in your DotVVM projects with your favorite IDE!
Project & Item Templates
DotVVM + ASP.NET Core project
DotVVM + OWIN project
Create page & viewmodel
Create master page & viewmodel
Create markup control
Real-time error checking
Route names & params
Go to viewmodel (F7)
Go to page (Shift-F7)
Go to definition (F12)
Control documentation (F1)
Refactorings & Code Fixes
Add DotVVM to Web Forms app
Manage DotVVM packages
Generate viewmodel property
Generate viewmodel method
Move text to RESX file
Extract DotVVM control
Change HTML tag to DotVVM control
Convert script to DotVVM resource
Generate GridView columns
IntelliSense in DotVVM files
DotVVM for Visual Studio provides IntelliSense in
.dothtml files in all editions of Visual Studio 2022 and 2019.
The free version of the extension offers basic IntelliSense for DotVVM controls and page directives.
With subscription, you can enjoy full IntelliSense on other places:
- data-binding expressions
- route names
Real-time error checking SUBSCRIPTION ONLY
We believe that error checking when you type is one of the most valuable features we have added to the DotVVM for Visual Studio. It helped us immensely on our projects.
The extension automatically checks your DotVVM markup, highlights errors, and displays more information about the error on hover.
Navigate between Code and Markup SUBSCRIPTION ONLY
When developing a web application using the DotVVM, you quickly realize that you spend a lot of time going back and forth between the views and corresponding viewmodels.
Now you can use F7 and Shift-F7 to switch from the markup to the code and back.
Explore other products
Boost your productivity with the ultimate tools.
Explore our products and find out how they save you hours of your time.
- Another 30 advanced components
- Customizable SCSS-based themes
- 60 components based on Bootstrap widgets
- Short, clean & discoverable syntax
- Supports Bootstrap 3, 4 & 5
- The free edition of DotVVM for Visual Studio is available to everyone for both commercial and non-commercial use.
- To unlock all features, you need to purchase a subscription. The subscription can be renewed with a 25% discount.
- After the subscription expires, the product will downgrade to the free version automatically. You can renew the subscription at any time.
- The subscription works on a per-developer basis. Every team member who is actively using any of the DotVVM for Visual Studio paid features must have their own subscription.
- To activate the subscription, navigate to the Extensions > DotVVM > About menu in Visual Studio, and enter your DotVVM account credentials.